Tabletop gaming: boardgame reviews, role playing game reviews, gaming stories, and gaming links.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer is Almost Here

Yeah, I know it is summer already. But I have one more week of lectures to deliver and then I will be on my break. We are hoping to rent a cottage to have friends up and  play games, games, and more games!

I've been a bit too busy to post here, but some of that busyness has been gaming. I've had a chance to play Betrayal at House on the Hill for the first time. The games plays quite nicely, I need to play a bunch more before I can review it though. That's been on my boardgame bucket list forever.

For my birthday this year we kept things quiet, had a few friends over (our regular small group from church) and played an oldie - Ticket to Ride. That game still holds up, it was one of our first eurogames and the first one that the whole family came to love. It still hits the table a couple times a year which is a lot of mileage.

This weekend I'll be trying out the Gumshoe RPG for the first time. I'll be a player for a change and we are playing a Trail of Cthulhu one shot via the Ottawa Pen and Paper Gamers group. Should be a lot of fun.

So what are your summer gaming plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment