Tabletop gaming: boardgame reviews, role playing game reviews, gaming stories, and gaming links.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cottage At Last

It has been too long. I've not stopped playing games, just haven't had much time for blogging. The last two semesters were brutal with new courses (grad level courses demand so much more from me) and growing class sizes in the undergrad courses I teach (so much more marking). Been taking a lot of me time to recover and starting to work on my honey-do list of home renovations. But the idea I have been toying with is doing video reviews, short video reviews, and gaming conversations. Last semester I ran my first true hybrid course, online with an in person intensive. The online portion included lots of short (less than 10 minutes) videos and blog-based (private) discussions. Worked great. Also was a great chance to do some video editing. We'll see, so far I've been hesitant to start because I know how much work it will entail.

So far at the cottage (this is the second year we've rented a cottage in Quebec) we've played lots of Takenoko, Dominion with the latest expansion (one of the best BTW!), Lanterns (including playtesting an expansion for the game), and Urbania. We are going to run the Fiasco Quest for the Golden Panda at some point today, I'm pretty excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment